Human Resources Director
Human Resource Director is tasked with overseeing HR systems, handling employee relations, ensuring compliance with regulations, managing budgets, assessing staffing needs, hiring employees, designing training programs, and developing compensation plans.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
• Five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
• Specialized training in employment law, compensation, benefit programs, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
• Preferred experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, human services, or related field.
• Ability to complete administrative documentation and maintain records in an efficient and confidential manner.
• Ability to work independently at times and/or with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• HR Generalist duties including recruiting, retention, orientation, worker's compensation, unemployment benefits administration, legal compliance & other administrative tasks.
• Ensure regulatory compliance for state/county required survey items as they apply to all employees.
• Employee relations, including corrective action, investigation, & documentation.
• Represent agency in a professional manner to external stakeholders and affiliates.
• Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company regarding employee relations.
• Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
• Maintaining and updating employee files: Certifications, Evaluations/Disciplinary actions.
• Preparing employment status reports for payroll, HR and/or compliance purposes
• Processing and maintaining all workers’ compensation claims, unemployment requests, FMLA and leaves of absences.
• Appropriately dealing with all employee relation related issues that may arise
• Providing services that include applicant sourcing and recruiting, employee orientation
• Helping with different aspects of the orientation and new hire process
• Stressing the importance of employee engagement and retention within the organization
• Ensuring confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
Standard Business Hours Monday thru Friday 8am - 5pm